Things I love February 26 2015 2 Comments
Today I caught myself staring at an older couple walking through the supermarket holding hands. They seemed so familiar to each other, yet still so in love. When you become a Mum, especially a Flat Out Mum, the day can very quickly pass with the logistics of looking after everyone else.
Little things happen throughout the day that can make you pause and appreciate the fleeting moments.
Here are some more of those little things that I now love and appreciate:
- Long hot, uninterrupted showers
- That first sip of coffee in the morning
- Boys in all their testosterone filled glory
- Driving on a beautiful day singing a favourite tune
- Warm balmy nights
- Ballet flats
- That newborn baby smell
- Best friend brothers
- Feeling organised…just for a moment
- Shopping for girls things
- Devonshire tea
- Watching besotted mothers transfixed by their babies
- Shellac lasting nails
- Belly laughs with old friends that turn into silent tears
- “You are the sunshine of my life” Stevie Wonder
- Toddlers soft squishy bodies
- Someone else doing my ironing
- Thai takeaway
- Crossbody bags
- Sleep ins. Or solid blocks of unbroken sleep
- Diving into a warm ocean
- Fitting back into my favourite clothes
- Watching reunions at airports
- Being part of an airport reunion
- A pie at the footy
- A good blow dry
- The most amazing natural vitamins…vitamin D & vitamin SEA
Launching in October 24 2014 1 Comment
Well here I am about to upload my first blog post. I feel like I’m standing on the edge of a cliff about to jump off.
One part of me says take the plunge, the other is wavering. Does the world really need another Mummy blogger? Are my opinions interesting to anyone other than my family and friends? The answer I hope to some will be yes. One of the main reasons I thought to write a blog is to celebrate the role of being a Mum. In our everyday lives in what could be seen as mundane tasks, there is a magic.
Hidden between the layers of mess and exhaustion there is insight to be gained and fun to be had. Every Flat Out Mum has something to say and someone who loves to hear it.
There are fashion blogs, single parent blogs, recipe and housekeeping blogs, blogs for working Mums, stay at home Mums, fitness freak Mums… This is my piece. Its not a specialist blog, Its just a general overview of my life with four kids. No theme, just a space to laugh at myself and to share with readers some day to day trivia of the job at hand. With any luck it will become a place for other Flat Out Mums to enjoy too.
Everyday mixed bag blog reading mums.
I'd love to hear from you all.....